Saturday, November 10, 2007

The Final Episode

The Final Episode


What’s the scheme of things?
Is what I ask when I look back
Look back; look back to the underground…
Into the grave, into the epitaph that’s blank
Words won’t fit in, don’t qualify

Reasons fail me when I look back
Look back; look back to the day our tracks crossed…
Running over, no wonder
Catastrophe lay ahead
To leave me shattered, numb…
I bleed, cry dry tears…
For things gone wrong, hellish years…

Too much, too much chaos, noise to carry on…
Shut the door, voice & move on…

The haunting questions still roam my valley
I exorcise with a silver cross and water holy…
I tame it; throw away to distant universe…
But it gives no promise to never return…

Doubts to be cleared, smog all around
With no folly of mine, with explanations unsound…
I am convicted with no crime…
I’m a framed victim, a criminal to the end of time…


©Manashi Pathak

3 comments:

sanjay said...

very beautifully written

nitric dreams said...

good piece of work....but the repititions you used felt a bit monotonic....

Unknown said...

I liked this one as well...
nice visualisation...